What is the Berkeley World Language Project?
The Berkeley World Language Project (BWLP) is a site of the California World Language Project, a California Subject Matter Project. We offer professional development opportunities for language leachers in the San Francisco Bay Area, concentrating on our service area: Napa, Solano, Contra Costa and Alameda counties.
We offer a three tiered program in our Foundations 1, 2, and 3 workshops, as well as specialized programs for Leadership Development, Technology to Enhance Language Learning and Project-Based Language Learning. We also provide services to local schools and districts in our service area.
Our programs seek to support language teachers who wish to lear more about all of the following, and more:
- California World Language Standards
- Common Core Language Standards
- California ELD Standards
- California Career and Technical Education Standards
- ACTFL Global Readiness Standards
- ACTFL Proficiency Statements
- ACTFL Can-Do Statements
- ACTFL 21st Century Skills Map
- ACTFL Alignment to Common Core to Standards
- Proficiency-Based Language Learning Strategies and Instructional Practices
- Unit Planning and Lesson Design
- Assessment Strategies
- Differentiation of Instruction for Students of all needs
- and more
We are on Social Media!